Monday, January 2, 2012

Blogiversary

A year ago yesterday was my first Blogiversary! 
My New Year's Resolution for 2011 was to go a year without buying bread. 


I made it... until September. Between recovering from surgery and morning sickness, in these past couple months I haven't the energy or desire to bake bread, let alone eat it. But I was happy with the alternatives we came up with - buying local, organic bread from an independent bakery.


Then I graduated (WAHOO!!! M.ED. Environmental Education), we packed up and moved, and I didn't have a kitchen or all my flours and tools with which to bake, though I did make some garlic knots for Christmas while we were in Minnesota.

However, it had been a fabulous year, and I have learned so much about bread, many types of breads, enjoyed the health benefits and had a lot of fun along the way. I've also grown in my faith and become connected to my food in ways I never imagined.

My favorites from the year: 











And my New Year's Resolution for this year? Find meaningful employment, a place to live, and keep myself as healthy as possible for our little one on the way, and prepare to bring the little one into the world in the best possible way. Lofty goals, right? 

Happy New Year! 



0 comments: