Saturday, June 2, 2012

Feeling Like Myself Again

It has been a long time since I got to really hang out in the kitchen, in a kitchen that was my own, filled with our pots and pans and baking supplies. It feels so great.



Once we finally got unpacked (that was quite the process!) and I didn't constantly feel like there were things to be done around the house (which there always are) I got to finally just spend time baking bread and yogurt making as opposed to figuring out where things are going to go and hanging pictures on the wall.



It feels so good to be doing the things that make me feel like me again, like baking bread. Just wish I could go rock climbing with Ross over the weekend... we'll be able to do that in the fall. If we can stand to leave our little girl along for that long.


Ross also made popsicles!!! Just made a simple strawberry-banana orange juice smoothie and poured it into molds. It was surprisingly difficult to find a simple popsicle mold (the sis-in-law found it at Target)... apparently these apparatuses that will make instant popsicles are all the rage right now, but I didn't figure we needed another small kitchen appliance when we had a freezer. Seems a little ridiculous to be completely honest... a little patience was all it took.

And you know what else makes me feel more like me... blogging!!!! Soon I will have a couple of my recent recipes, some pictures of the nursery, and hopefully a much more regular routine again. Until we throw that all out the window in July and start a new routine with the little one! 

0 comments: