Saturday, October 15, 2011

Breakfast Date & Exciting News!

Alright - the exciting news first! 


Ross and I just found out that we were accepted into a long term staffing position at Holden Village


Ross will be a Utilities Assistant and I am going to be a Lead Cook! We start in early January and couldn't be more thrilled. Now I just need to make sure I graduate...  


After hearing the news, however, I started thinking about all the places in Bellingham I would miss, and the Old Town Cafe was one that popped in my head right away! 


Therefore, Ross and I decided on an impromptu breakfast date Friday morning. 


So fun to wear my hair down as opposed to in a hair net!


Ross ordered his usual - the Farmer's Skillet Deluxe with bacon. It is their home fries with peppers, onions, mushrooms, celery and cheese, 2 eggs, 2 slices of toast, sour cream and salsa - always on the side (for me!) 


I vary my choices between their amazing huevos rancheros to scrambles to omelets - this time it was a 2-egg omelet with green chili, avocado, and cheese with home fries and their incredible black beans on the side. 

I love that they use local and organic ingredients as much as possible, and that their food is so delicious!!! Best breakfast in Bellingham. 

Have a wonderful weekend! 

0 comments: