Saturday, June 18, 2011

Farewell

This morning at 6am we said goodbye to my grandparents. I can't believe how the week flew by! 


A few other highlights from the week: 

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds from the Wednesday Farmer's Market





A sunny drive along Chuckanut Drive







And a visit to Pike Place Market and the Waterfront in Seattle



We had lunch at the original Ivar's


Halibut & Chips > Cod & Chips 


And a classic bowl of clam chowder. 


While at Pike Place Market I couldn't help myself - I have always wanted to try some pasta from Pappardelle's, and after sampling about 10 (including a dark chocolate pasta) I decided on garlic chive shells. Will be amazing in my homemade macaroni and cheese recipe! 


I also picked up some roasted hazelnuts from Holmquist Hazelnuts. They are closer to me in Bellingham than here in Seattle, but I figured I would pick some up while I was there! I attempted to make some homemade Nutella a few weeks ago, but I failed miserably because I burnt the hazelnuts while roasting... so I am excited to try again with pre-roasted hazelnuts! 


And then we picked up a lovely bouquet of flowers for our kitchen table! 


Farewell to my grandparents and safe travels home! Love you! 
__________________________________________________

Another farewell is to my CAMERA! 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

On Thursday night my camera started making terrible noises as if it were dying robotic rodent... and now it won't focus on anything! The pictures are all blurry - except Ross discovered that it works if it is zoomed to 3x. I am so upset! I really don't know how to function without a camera... my phone takes pictures, but I just can't do it and be a food blogger.... 

I wonder what would cost more... fixing it or getting a new one? We were looking at the Olympus Tough series since we are so active and outdoorsy, but I  want something with a good macro setting as well. I'm not ready to commit the finances to a DSLR, so for now we'll need to stick to a point and shoot - which is what I've been using all along (a Canon Powershot SD1000). 

Any affordable camera recommendations? 

0 comments: