Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cascade Pizza

Yesterday was an event in Bellingham called Dine Out for Maple Alley Inn. Nearly 40 restaurants pledged to donate 20% of their profits for the first Tuesday in May to support Maple Alley Inn - a community meals center. 



Well, since I left my phone and wallet over at my friend Lydia's house after making dandelion wine, I biked 4 miles to meet up with her and a handful of other local Lutheran pastors to reclaim my possessions. I also ended up having a really fun lunch with the group as well at Cascade Pizza. 


I started with a classic Caesar salad. 


Which came with this - GARLIC BREAD! I'm a sucker for anything with garlic, and this was sinfully buttery and garlicky and crunchy to boot. Good thing I had to share!  


Lydia and I split a medium spinach feta pizza with a white sauce - for only $8.95! Aside from being a little greasier than I like, it was delicious and the crust has a great flavor. 

 Cascade Pizza has a pretty extensive Italian menu with salads, sandwiches, pastas, pizzas and more - and their prices were very affordable. Not sure that I'm dying to return, it's a bit out of the way from our normal haunts, but I would most definitely go back if the occasion arose. All in all a good pizza place! 





0 comments: