Saturday, July 30, 2011

Berries and Fennel

But not together! 


Look what came in our CSA box - farm fresh, organic, juicy, ripe raspberries!!!! The first fruit of the season! (For our CSA box anyway...)


Incredible. I ate them all in less than 3 days. What a good thing for me that Ross doesn't like these! 


We also got bok choy, zucchini and yellow squash, fennel, spring onions, green beans, beets and lettuce. 


I've never had fennel before - but I fully intend to have it many more times. 


I had no idea what to do with it, but I found this recipe that looked wonderful - anything simple with oil and cheese is good by me! 


Roasted Parmesan Fennel 

1 Fennel bulb
Olive oil
Parmesan cheese 
Salt & Pepper 
Parsley or Fennel fronds 

Cut the fronds off the fennel bulb, then slice the bulb in half and then in slices. Place then in a pan, spray or drizzle with olive oil, and add salt & pepper al gusto. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes, then add the Parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.


I was really struck by how fragrant this vegetable was, and the browned cheese on top complimented it so well - I am excited to make this meal again! 

0 comments: