Sunday, July 17, 2011

Luther's Table

While we were down in the Seattle area over the weekend we stopped in at Luther's Table. 


I heard about this place from my friend Lydia (who is a pastor) and really wanted to check it out. The moment we walked into the door we were greeted and welcomed by Drew, a young volunteer, who told us about the menu and the place. He was very gracious - it was definitely a more sincere eating experience than I have had in a long time. 


Luther's Table is a ministry of the ELCA and is a restaurant/theology pub run mostly by volunteers. They do not accept tips but they take donations to continue operations as well as to donate to a different charity or organization each month. It is a place for community, food, Bible study, worship and fun. I would encourage you to go check out their website and read more of their story here. 


I ordered Katie's Ale - a good dark brown ale - named for Martin Luther's wife. 


Ross had a Blue Moon. The best part was drinking beer in a pew! All the booths and waiting benches were church pews. 


The place had great atmosphere: it was warm and welcoming - I wish we could have stayed for the live music!  


The food was tasty as well - Ross had a BBQ Beef Flatbread with beef, cheddar and green onions. The presentation was awesome! 


I had the soup and sandwich special - clam chowder with The Vicar Sandwich - turkey, caramelized onions and greens. 

What a cool ministry! I wish it was closer to us! 

Luther's Table 
419 S. 2nd St. Suite 1
Renton, WA 98057
____________________________________________________

This week I am going to be gone at the North Cascades Environmental Learning Center with my Summer Block classes. I've got a couple posts that will be up - but otherwise see you next week! 

1 comments:

Krystal said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh man. I want one in Omaha.