Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Zucchini Bread Muffins

I love summer veggies! I decided I had to do something other than Zucchini Pancakes this time around, and since my grandma sent me her recipe I had to try it out! 


The recipe is pretty basic, produces a delicious result, and is a great way to use your local, organic zucchini! 


Zucchini Bread Muffins
Yield: 2 loaves or 2 dozen muffins
2 cups grated organic zucchini
4 local free-range eggs 
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup olive oil (or any oil/butter)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon 
2 cups sugar (I did only 1 cup) 
3 1/2 cups flour
Optional: walnuts, chocolate chips, or whatever you want! 


First grate the zucchini. 


Mix the wet. 


Mix the dry. 


Mix it all together and then pour it into your muffin tin or a greased load pan. 


Bake at 350F - 25 minutes for muffins, 55-60 minutes for loaves. 


Our favorite way to eat them is slathered in chocolate peanut butter, or Nutella. 


Fresh out of the oven is delicious too!!! 

0 comments: