Monday, August 29, 2011

Zucchini Pancakes

Even though I really do enjoy French Toast, I am much more of a savory breakfast person. I have been loving the zucchinis from our CSA box because then I get to make one of my most favorite things - zucchini pancakes!!! 


And I love anything I can douse with Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, so it's a win-win. 

Zucchini Pancakes 
3-5 Zucchinni and/or yellow squash 
1/4 onion grated or finely chopped
2-3 eggs 
1-2 tsp minced garlic 
Salt & Pepper 
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese 

This recipe is not strict - I probably change it a bit everytime I make them. I just use what I have and adjust the seasonings/garlic/cheese accordingly. Also consider what things you would like to top with - hot sauce, sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, per your preference. Ross really likes them with sour cream. 


Grate the zucchinis and place them in a bowl. I think some people drain/strain some excess liquid off at this point, but I don't. It's a hassle and a mess, so I just go for it. 


Gross Packers colors. 


Add in the eggs. 


And the rest of the ingredients. 


Then scoop the mixture onto your hot, lightly oiled griddle. I usually have the griddle set to 350F and cook them on each side for 3-4 minutes. 


They will sizzle like bacon, and fill the kitchen with a great smell. 


Lovely and lightly browned on both sides.


The cheese is really the key I think - it makes them all gooey inside. 


What's your favorite way to eat a zucchini? 

1 comments: